0.10.0 – UNDER DEVELOPMENT¶
no release date
- Graphite-web requires Python >= 2.6 and Django >= 1.4.
- Metrics can be reordered via the composer.
- A WSGI file has been added to
graphite-web. This is especially useful for people running graphite-web with a standalone WSGI sever such as Gunicorn as they can directly run
gunicorn graphite.wsgiinstead of managing their own WSGI file.
manage.pyis no longer available. The alternative is to use the
django-admin.pycommand provided by Django.
python manage.py <command>can be replaced with
django-admin.py <command> --settings=graphite.settings.
- The metrics node in the graphite tree has been renamed from “Graphite” to “Metrics”.
- Pluggable storage finders have been added. This allows graphite to fetch data from other datastores than Whisper or Ceres. See the storage finder docs for more information.
- Documentation and settings have been updated to use the up-to-date syntax
for configuring graphite-web’s SQL database. Check your config for
DATABASE_*entries and update them to the new
- The search index file is now generated with the
build-indexcommand that has been rewritten in Python.
build-index.shis still available but is just an alias to
CONTENT_DIRsetting has been replaced with
STATIC_ROOTand now allows to easily serve non-graphite static files such as Django admin’s. See the configuration docs for usage instructions.
- Tox is now used for running the tests locally across the supported Django and Python versions combinations. A section about working on graphite-web has been added to the documentation.
- Pythons own log rotation can be disabled using the LOG_ROTATE setting. This is useful in case of running multiple WSGI workers. See also: Github Issue #499.
- The cli was deprecated and has been removed.